Do not share your Fiasp® with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection, or get a serious infection from them.
NovoLog® offers multiple options for insulin delivery
You can take NovoLog® with a pump, pen, or vial. Talk with your health care provider about which option is right for you.
NovoLog® is approved for use in insulin pumps in children ages 2 and older with type 1 diabetes and adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. An insulin pump is a small, programmable, battery-operated device that delivers a steady, measured amount of insulin under your skin.
NovoLog® in an insulin pump offers:
- Heat stability at normal body temperatures (up to 98.6°F)
- Storage in the pump reservoir for up to 6 days before being changed
Novo Nordisk has used these pumps in various studies: Medtronic Paradigm® 512 and 712; MiniMed 508; and Disetronic® D-TRON® and H-TRON®. Before using a different insulin pump with NovoLog®, read the pump label to make sure the pump has been evaluated with NovoLog®.
If you use an insulin pump, it’s a good idea to have a backup source for insulin. Ask your diabetes care team if NovoLog® FlexPen® or NovoPen Echo® could be a good option for you.
- For use with NovoLog® 3-mL (300 unit) PenFill® cartridgesa
- You'll know when to change the cartridge because NovoPen Echo® doesn't allow you to dial more units than are left
- Adjustable in half-unit dosing from 0.5 to 30 units of insulin
- Proven accurate
- Automatically records the last dose and approximate time since your last injection
- You can dial your dose up and down
- Short button travel reduces injection movement
aPenFill® cartridges require a prescription and are sold separately.
- Prefilled with 300 units of NovoLog® fast-acting insulin analog
- Adjustable in 1-unit dosing amounts from 1 to 60 units of insulin
- Proven accurate
Instructions for using NovoPen Echo®
Watch this video to see how to use the NovoPen Echo® and start taking NovoLog®.